Thursday, May 27, 2010

Update

I don't have any pictures to share right now...one because my camera is broken and two we are moving computers around and I am on a computer that doesn't have any new photos. I will apologize in advance. But there have been several things that I have wanted to write down before I forget.

Jackson and I were talking the other day about names. He loves to tell me what his name is and I always ask him what other peoples names are. I asked him about Kate first and then Emma. He told me that Emma's name was Emma Baby! I giggled to myself and he looked down at the ground and said "I love her!" I was so proud of him because he will come up to Steve and I and tell us he loves us but this was the first time he has expressed love towards someone else. And I can tell you now he LOVES that little girl. Watch out boys in 15 years Jackson is going to be protective of her. It also makes me so proud and anxious to see him in the roll of the big brother.

We are interested in potty training around here....me more than anyone probably. I would love to have only one boy in diapers. My Mom (Honey) has been telling Jackson that when she comes over in a couple of weeks that he is going to wear big boy underwear. Well I guess he thought he would get a jump start. At least one time a day he will ask to go to the potty. I thought that it was a fluke and luck so that he could get a treat but the other night Steve was giving him a bath and Jackson told him that he had to pee. This is the first time that he has told us that he has to go. So Steve got him out of the bath and put him on the potty and he went. YEAH!!! He is getting so big I just can't believe where my little man has gone.

Jackson is starting to saw interest in playing sports. A couple of weeks ago we went by a soccer field where children were playing and told me that he wanted to play. I told him that he would have to wait because he was too little and that he would have to be four or five to play. For the next couple of days he would tell me "When I four play soccer too little". I am amazed at what he can remember most days.

Oh my sweet little Jackson, some day you are going to make and excellent husband because he see the smallest details. Last week we went to Steve's squadron Dining Out and I had my nails painted. As I pulled up his pants the next morning he looked at them and told me "Mommy cut nails". I told him that yes Mommy cut her nails and painted them. Thanks buddy Daddy didn't even notice. :)

One day I was getting ready to walk Jackson upstairs and I stubbed my toe on the gate at the very bottom of the stairs. It brought tears to my eyes it hurt so bad. Jackson turned around and sat on the stair and with concern in his eyes he says "Happened? Okay Mommy?" I told him that I hurt myself and that I was okay. Later that afternoon I was showing Steve where it hurt and the large bruise that was forming. Jackson was listening to his whole conversation and came over and bent of to kiss my toe. He is so SWEET!

Jackson,

You make me laugh everyday and you have some of the funniest faces that you make. I love listening to the stories that you have to tell and I love our daily conversations. I can't wait to see you become the best big brother. Your brother is so lucky to have you as a big brother. I can't imagine my life without you and I can't remember what my life was like before you came into my life. I love you so much and you inspire me everyday. I thank God for allowing me to be your Mommy.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Awww, he has such a sweet soul!!! I love how much he loves Emma!

Trisha said...

Little boys are great. Oliver gets sweeter as he gets older even tho you only hear the naughty stories! Ps, Oliver potty trained right after Mimi was born! I think it was his way of getting extra attention! But it worked!

Kathleen said...

Thanks Trisha! I am hoping that potty training is right around the corner. I am looking forward to the years with boys. I am looking forward to meeting your new little one. The pictures are so cute and make me look forward to when our little one arrives.

Estee said...

Oh! Jackson is growing up so fast. He is turning into such a wonderful young man. It makes me sad that we are so far away. I can't wait to see him be a big brother. I am in the process of convincing Taris to spend part of his 2 week R&R in Japan in January.

Followers

Visitors

About This Blog

site counter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP