Sunday, November 14, 2010

What I Learned



This week over at Click It Up A Notch we learned about food photography. I tried taking some picture of my food while it was a work in progress and it wasn't glamorous. I feel in love with my kitchen all over again. Not this actual kitchen that I have in the house because it is tiny. While I am baking I am dreaming of my dream kitchen. :) I love what I learned and hope to put it to some good use soon. Courtney a link up for things that people have learned during the week and then photographed it. This week has been a fun week because of the holiday we had Steve home on Thursday. We took advantage of him being home and checked out a new park.

Okay all this rambling to say that this week I let go of what people would think of me when they see me taking pictures and climbed under this climbing net. I let go of the fact that I was going to be covered in dirt and the fact that I was nervous about Jackson climbing the net. (I am still learning to be a mother of boys) :)

So lying flat on my back I was able to catch this. It may not be perfect but I love that I have stepped outside my comfort zone and caught a real moment of Jackson being Jackson.


This is SOOC, 55MM, ISO 100, SS 160, f 2.5. Let me know what you think!!


6 comments:

Courtney said...

Great job getting outside your comfort zone!! Isn't it fun how photography can do that :O) This looks great! Especially since it was taken in full sun! Good thinking to go underneath the net to get a different angle and shade his face! Watch the hand crops (difficult with a moving toddler). I love the composition too with his head in the top right corner. It makes it seem like he is climbing :O)

Trisha said...

I love the composition! Wish I could've seen you rolling around in the dirt! haha

Anonymous said...

Way to let go of your inhibitions and get a little dirty, great shot!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

Great Capture! Sometimes it's so worth getting down in the dirt. Such a precious child.

Jan said...

Love the creative point of view...your ability to see it and then to DO it. Great job!!

Staci said...

Super cute! Color palette of this is great. Nice cool tones, easy on the eyes!

Followers

Visitors

About This Blog

site counter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP