Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Big Step for Jackson...and Mom

Today was Jackson's first day in Mother's day out. I was very excited to hear that a church in town was going to offer a Mother's day out for children as young as six months old. I have left Jackson before with a babysitter but in the comfort of his own home. I was a bit worried how he would react to strangers and a strange place. Some days he doesn't even like it if I walk into the next room. He was excellent and also won over the hearts of all the ladies that work there. But who doesn't fall in love with the little one when you meet him. He has a smile that will melt your heart and brighten your day. I was a little nervous about leaving him and indulging in a little time for myself. I was able to go get a facial that I had a gift certificate for. The time was a great relief and I was able to get a lot of stuff around the house done. (I forgot what it was like to get stuff down during the day with no Jackson following me around and pulling everything back out.) I would not trade my days but it was nice to get a little break for four hours.

Jackson also went to his first day of physical therapy. He is going to have his neck muscles stretched out because he has tortocollis. His neck is getting better every day but they are wanting to stretch him out just a bit. So we will go one more time this week and then twice next week. The his PT says that he is looking so much better that she will just want to follow up with him once a month until he starts walking. I guess it can come back when they transition into something new. The way that he is wanting to pull up onto things I don't think that walking is very far away.

For those of you that don't know I have been taking a cake decorating class and tonight I started my third level class. I will have to post pictures at a later date because I haven't even taken a picture yet. But I think that it turned out really well.

No comments:

Followers

Visitors

About This Blog

site counter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP