Sunday, August 9, 2009

Only in Japan

Only in Japan and Okinawa would you find a drink machine on every street corner. These machines sell everything that you could possibly want from water, flavored water, sodas, hot and cold coffee. It is great that you can find these everywhere because if we get thirsty while we are out I can just pull the car over and get a water. I don't have to stop at a gas station and get Jackson and go inside. People around here just pull there car over to the side of the road. And by the side of the rode I mean as close to the curb as you can put still in the driving lane. You really have to learn to be a good weaver when you are driving around here.
Since we find all of these machines everywhere you can also find these great straws at all kiddie stores. The screw right on the top of a water bottle. Which is great when I have forgotten to pack a cup. Jackson really likes the straws though.

Another thing that we have seen around here is that just like people pull over to the side of the road for a drink they do the same thing if they want to run into a store. Parking on the street in the driving lane is not uncommon but if you put your hazards on I guess that is okay. The other day we were waiting for a parking spot at one of the local grocery store and as I was waiting for a car to pull out of the parking spot, I had my blinker on, another car pulled on the other side of me and pulled right into my spot. I could not believe it. Of course I can't say anything because the person would not have been able to understand me. The culture over here is taking some getting use to.

No comments:

Followers

Visitors

About This Blog

site counter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP